November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

It was another wild night in New York City for Halloween. The streets in the Village were jammed with thousands and thousands of people out in creative costumes celebrating the holiday and there was a massive parade as well. I'm not really sure exactly what everyone is celebrating. What is the point of Halloween anyway? Are people celebrating the arrival of the Great Pumpkin? Time to check Wikipedia. I thought it was a worldwide phenomenon, but it looks like the don't have Halloween in Russia, China, Italy, New Zealand or basically just about anywhere aside from Ireland, Scotland, US and Canada. How is this possible? Don't they eat candy in the rest of the world?

I went out for a delicious sushi dinner and then enjoyed everyone acting crazy and running around in costumes. As far as I could tell, everyone seemed super happy and like they were having a really good time. I'll all for that.

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

We celebrate Alla helgons dag.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/All_Saints

Well, perhaps not everyone. But I eat candy every now and then.

Nice gal here btw.

King of New York Hacks said...

Basically it was celebrating a Friday on a Sunday LOL...I was there good times. Cool blog.. Oh and I'm your 100th follower !!! What'd I win ?? I'll take a can of Yoo Hoo ! lol

Christopher said...

Yes it was a Friday and a Saturday on a Sunday.

Thanks KONYH for your nice comment. If you swing your taxicab this way, I'll surely treat you to a can of Yoo Hoo.