December 15, 2009

Always Open

I was looking at this "Open" sign and I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought to stop and take a picture and then it came to me. How can a cart on the street really be open or closed? It's not like they ever leave their street food carts unattended so they are never closed.

It basically works like this. Early in the day, they drive or pull their beat up metal stove contraptions through midtown, set it up in their designated spot, make a bunch of grubby food and sell it to hungry people all day. When they are done they pack things up and off they go.

A much more effective sign would say: "Always open! We sell food that is a lot cheaper than the guy down the street and you won't get food poisoning."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They'd get sued for false advertising, then. They're thinkers, those vendors. Give them credit!!