October 13, 2008

Purple and Pink Underground

I saw these two girls earlier in the day on 57th Street and then ran into them again in the Prince Street subway station in Soho later in the afternoon. It's kind of hard to miss two girls with bright purple and pink hair.

I meant to ask them where they were from, but I had a couple bags in my hand and the subway was arriving and I was probably just totally overwhelmed by their buoyant and colorful personalities. Let's just pretend they are tourists visiting the city from Chicago, land of purple and pink hair.

8 comments:

Wayne said...

With smiles like that they'd be hard to miss no matter what colour their hair was. Nice shot Christopher, it helps dispel the myth that people in NYC aren't friendly.

Christopher said...

yes, but they are from *chicago*!

Wayne said...

I meant you Christopher. You got them to smile didn't you?

Actually, I can tell by the eyes and the smiles that they are from 'pretend England'.

Christopher said...

yes, you are right!!! i did get them to smile.

actually i make a lot of people smile. some are just more important than others. though nyc'ers are difficult and they just don't always reciprocate the way i might like them to, but i'm persistent and i eventually get my way. (except for the nasty woman with the cowboy shirt walking down 3rd avenue on saturday)

smiles are just the beginning of everything, don't you think?

Wayne said...

I smile at people on the street. It works pretty well most of the time. But I make it a rule never to smile at women in cowboy shirts.

• Eliane • said...

I think they are from Britain and ready to party the night away.

Mame said...

They are so OBVIOUSLY from Germany. Run, Lolas, Run!

Fayth Haber said...

We recently featured your blog on our website Collegewikis.com. We think you have information very valuable to our readers. We would love it if you would visit our site and look at some of the topics. As always feel free to comment!
Thanks!