December 15, 2010

Above The Star

A view down on the Crystal Snowflake on 57th Street from the windows of Bergdorf Goodman. This is a nice view of the Bulgari and Tiffany stores that you don't see very often from this perspective. It's actually the UNICEF Snowflake and was designed by Ingo Maurer and features over 16,000 Baccarat crystals. UNICEF's marketing department does a totally crap job of promoting the snowflake because everyone knows about it cause it hangs in the middle of the city for six to eight weeks every year at the corner of one of the busiest intersections in the world, but no one has any clue that it's put up by UNICEF. Where's Audrey Hepburn when you need her?

5 comments:

Tina said...

I can't tell nothing more that that: I love the view! It's really great and show us a typical and also great contrast between yellow cabs and a grey scale of the streets!
love it!

Theresa said...

That's a really cool photo.

Keith said...

Is this image copyrighted? I would like to use it for a book I'm writing... Any info as to acquire this picture legally would be greatly appreciated.

Keith said...

Hello. I would like to use this photo for a book I'm writing. Is this image copyrighted? If you have any information as to how to acquire this photo legally that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ^^

Christopher said...

Yes, it is copyright by me. I am the photographer.