July 29, 2009

National Lasagna Day

In case you didn't know it, today is National Lasagna Day. My celebration consisted of going to Faicco's Pork Shop on Bleecker. It's probably the best Italian butcher shop in Manhattan. Among other things, they make great sandwiches. I also like the fried cheese ravioli ($3 for a dozen). So delicious. But for $10 the Italian hero is a great lunch. It's enormous and more than filling. Eating one is really just about enough food for the entire day. They also sell great lasagna for take out. I actually bought some for later not even realizing that it was coincidentally a holiday of sorts.

How did you celebrate this special day?

Ugh, why aren't my comments working correctly? I gotta get this fixed since it shows 0 when all sorts are comments are getting registered.

4 comments:

James said...

Wow, I had no idea, yet I had ground turkey lasagna for lunch.

VP said...

I didn't know of this, I must tell my mom, she won't believe it!

Frank said...

I sure wish I had known it was Natinal Lasagne Day. I missed what would have been a delicious and full celebration.

Christopher said...

Today (July 30th) is National Cheesecake today so what are you waiting for?