January 29, 2009

Dare To Bare

There are always things happening in the Big Apple so it's no surprise to see something as unusual as a news crew interviewing someone through the window of the Bath & Body Works store on Lexington Avenue and 72nd Street.

I'm really not sure who this mystery celebrity is that they are interviewing or what's particularly newsworthy at a store like this, but she's wearing a nice pair of red heels.

This picture was taken moments before some nasty PR woman with a clipboard came over and shooed me away from the window. Now that I think about it, that's kind of stupid because here I am posting the picture and a link to their lame event which is way more press than they deserve for celebrated Allure columnist and top dermatologist Dr. Patricia Wexler's Dare to Bare Your Skin event. But of course now I know all of you are going to run out to Bath & Body Works and buy some Valentine's Day gifts for me or some skincare products or a candle or something. I could use some new shampoo.

UPDATE: Is this Paula Abdul? Can anyone confirm that? How about someone buy me some new shampoo? I started getting traffic from all over the world (again!) so for all you Paula Abdul and American Idol fans let me know if this is her. I was only able to take two pictures so here's the other one which is nearly identical.

Paula Abdul or no Paula Abdul, the clipboard toting gal from the PR company was still nasty to swat me away from the window outside the store. This gives their event tons of web traffic. Funny thing is, I didn't even know who it was and was just taking what I thought was a semi-cool shot. I didn't even have a chance to get a good photo. Next time these black-clad clipboard vixens ought to be a bit more friendly and the PR company for the event should hire a blogger to leak the photo to the web. It is an effective way to reach a ton of people worldwide and sell some of Dr. Wexler's stuff. No telling how many freaking people clicked on the B&BW links I provided today. Well, I could tell you, but you'd have to pay for that information. Geez.

13 comments:

LATeacher said...

Good thing it was so balmy in the City today! B/c w/ all the bare legs, shoulders, (& white sneakers?), someone could catch a draft!

Christopher said...

Those white sneakers are useful when you are interviewing C-level actresses on slippery floors. It was a balmy 26 degrees outside.

Mame said...

She had no right to shoo you away - public domain. If they didn't want people to see inside they could have invested in all kinds of different things - screens and curtains to name only two.

Anonymous said...

paula?? i think so anyway. her tv show=nr 1

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh, and the store is on 72nd and 3rd. Not Lex.

Christopher said...

Thanks for your comment Sarah. You're right, it is on 3rd. I was just riding my bike by the store.

Mon said...

Yes, I do think this is Paula. My friend(s) and I immediately recognized her from behind.

That PR was a bitch though. The hell with her.

Anonymous said...

It's paula :)

She was on a radio show talking about the shoot

Anonymous said...

lol she said she was nervous about the wearing almost no make-up bit.

source: johnjay and rich's morning show, phoenix

Anonymous said...

it is paula
i was there and she is one of the nicest people ive ever met!

Christopher said...

It's her job to be nice. She's nicer than your mom? I doubt it. She seems like a kooky loon to me.

Nicole Marie said...

Yes that was Paula, and she was incredibly nice. The event was RSVP and they allowed some foot traffic but the store was too small for alot of people.