June 22, 2009

Lunch Time at Brasserie

Brasserie is a French restaurant in the Seagram Building off Park Avenue. It's been around for a long time (since 1959?) and the food is generally excellent. It's a place I like to go for lunch or a weekend brunch which I don't do all that often, but when I do it has never disappointed. Many eons ago it used to be open all night long, but in its newest incarnation it closes at a regular hour (regular for New York is 12 or 1am). I realize that things shut down in other cities at around 10 or 11pm so this is still on the late side if you're from Texas, but I kinda wish places like this were open all night long. They serve French onion soup day and night that is all right by me. If you go here, definitely try to get a booth. The semi-private booths are the way to go.

I bought some Keebler Fudge Shoppe Deluxe Grahams. They say the serving size is 3 cookies, but who can eat just three? I had seven. Cookies are good. Especially ones with chocolate. But don't buy any of that refrigerated cookie dough. Bad news.

1 comment:

NO NAME said...

There are some all night diners and restaurants in Texas. 12 or 1 AM is pretty early for some Texans. I love Keebler Fudge Shoppe Deluxe Grahams. They are so yummy!! I wish I could eat 7 at a time, but I gotta watch what I eat.